[mythtv-users] LiveTV, browse mode - channel up/down switched

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 20:25:23 UTC 2006

On 04/09/06, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it intentional that CHANNEL-UP actually decreases the channel
> number, and CHANNEL-DOWN increases it, when in "browse mode", watching
> live tv?
>
> I use "live tv" mode about once a year, so I don't know how long it
> has been like this.  Since I don't do this very often, it does not
> really matter to me, but it seems really strange for it to work like
> this.

It's always been this way. The design is such that naviagting down to
takes you to the next channel, and up navigates to the previous
channel. This is the same was navigating paper US TV listings that
have the channels listed in rows in ascending order down the page,
with time. This is also the way the TV guide works in MythTV and the
way the EPG looks in MythWeb.

For users in the UK (where paper listings are typically arranged in
columns with time extending down the page, and ntl users where Up
navigates to the next channel) this can take a little getting used to,
but it becomes second nature if you use LiveTV frequently.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/