[mythtv-users] Ati 9100IGP to PAL tv help

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 12:58:09 UTC 2006

Hello everybody.

I own a Asus Pundit-R which I use as my MythTv box. The pundit-r has
the 9100 IGP grapics board in it which has fairly abysmal support in
the official ati drivers (no openGl support, TV out broken every so
often). With this in mind I figured the best thing to do was to get
one of those VGA to SCART cables and use the open source drivers which
do have open gl support. So far so good.

Anyway having now procured such a cable, I can't get my TV to show
anything but interference when conneted to the computer. I've tried
using the information found in this post
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/204515?search_string=pundit-r%20modeline;#204515)
but still no luck.  I was therefore wondering if anyone here has any
experience with such a system and so if they'd share their xorg.conf
with me. I'm running FC5 and am trying to display to a 16:9 28" CRT
PAL tv.

Many thanks

Chris