[mythtv-users] Frontend only box: LiveTV not working.

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 01:25:34 UTC 2006

On 02/09/06, Andrew Stadt <acstadt at stadt.ca> wrote:
> Standard Newbie declaration: I'm relatively new to MythTV. At the moment I'm
> starting small, trying to get everything working, and then building on that.
> So far I really like what I see, but I've run into a couple issues. Forgive
> me if this has been asked before, but I can't find anything answering my
> issue in the archives.
>
> I've gotten one box working, it is currently both a front and back end, though
> eventually, it will just become the master backend. Recording, LiveTV,
> MythMusic et al work great on it.
>
> I just started setting up a front end on an older P3 (1.2 Ghz). I can watch
> pre-recorded shows, but I can't seem to get LiveTV working on it. All I get
> on the console is:
> 2006-09-02 13:35:58.362 TV: Attempting to change from None to WatchingLiveTV
> 2006-09-02 13:35:58.371 Using protocol version 26
> 2006-09-02 13:35:58.412 GetEntryAt(-1) failed.
> 2006-09-02 13:35:58.471 EntryToProgram(0 at Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969) failed to
> get pginfo
> 2006-09-02 13:35:58.471 TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started
> 2006-09-02 13:35:58.471 TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started
> 2006-09-02 13:35:58.486 TV: Deleting TV Chain in destructor
>
> Obviously I must have missed something in the setup somewhere, anyone have any
> suggestions on how I can trace the issue down?

Check this message from the list:

It's highly likely that either there is a problem with the input
connection for your capture card that LiveTV is trying to use, or that
the starting channel for LiveTV has no listings available for it or is
incorrectly set. In either case, stopping the backend and checking in
mythtv-setup will probably shed some light on it. (When you see an
error with an odd date like 1969 it's usually related to a listings
problem in my experience). It might also be a good time to also check
your MythTV database to make sure it is in good shape:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MySql

If this doesn't help, and your DB checks out OK, please provide some
more information on your capture card(s) and video sources and whether
you have listings available for all channels.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/