[mythtv-users] System audio via PVR-350

Ian Macdonald ian at caliban.org
Sun Sep 3 00:10:48 UTC 2006

On Sat 02 Sep 2006 at 16:58:50 -0700, you wrote:

> It depends on what kind of capture card you have.  If you're using an
> MPEG-2 capture card (like a PVR-350), then no, you don't need another
> sounds card.  If you're using a software capture card (one that uses the
> bttv driver), and it doesn't support btaudio (few do), then you will.
>
> For more information, I redirect you to the excellent documentation on the
> MythTV website:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1
> (See the sections specifically entitled, "Video Capture Device" and,
> "Sound card", although it's all a good read.)

Thanks. It contains the following text:

The PVR-350 is unique amongst the Hauppauge PVR-x50 cards in that it
also supports audio output, but you need to connect that audio output to
something. There are two courses of action you may take:

1. Take the audio output from the PVR-350 and plug it into an input
   on a sound card on your machine. You may then use MythTV's
   internal audio controls.

If I need to do that to capture audio via the sound card, then don't I
have to do it for both tuner cards? Sorry if I'm being overly thick.

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | I fell asleep reading a dull book, and I
ian at caliban.org             | dreamt that I was reading on, so I woke up