[mythtv-users] PVR 500 only one show at a time

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Sat Sep 2 20:27:07 UTC 2006

"Lonnie Borntreger wrote:"

> On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 07:45 -0700, David Highley wrote:
> > > 2. Set up acts like it knows the PVR 500 has two tuners and will only
> > >    allow you to enter the card once referencing tuner 1.
>
> The PVR 500 acts like two cards, not like one card with multiple tuners.
> In other words, both inputs for the PVR 500 are on Tuner 1.  The
> difference is the device, one is Tuner 1 from /dev/v4l/video0 and the
> other is Tuner 1 from /dev/v4l/video1.

Oh I know that, but mythtv svn head has changed how the card is set up.
Before you would make two card entries now it seems you make only one
when entering the card in mythtv-setup. If you look at the back end
page status you do not see any reference to two tuners. Then the
simultaneous start for two shows seemed to break a lot of things.