No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

needs proprietary drivers to run. Apparently it has some hardware on
board for some of the RAID 5 calculations, but the rest is done on the
CPU. I don't have any really sense of how fast it is, apart from
mythtv its only used as a NAS and accessed over a wireless g network.
So I never really push it that hard.

Another thing to bare in mind is that because it use DVB-T cards
theres very little processing for the CPU to do, only decode one MPEG2
video if its currently playing on that machine.

I would think it depends massively on how many tuners and frontends
you have and how faster CPU your box has.

Charlie