No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

control myth.  Perhaps there is a thin control version that could run on the TiVo, along with displaying appropriate streams from
the server.  Clearly the TiVo has the hardware to display digital streams at PAL / NTSC levels as it does do it. (well)

Re: And your "exception" is a huge one, as there is no PCI/AGP/PXI-E or  other way to connect a supported video card, nor is there
enough CPU  to run even X on it even if you could.
I would not see the need for a VGA output, so long as there was composite / RCA output (+/- RF) outputs.  I wonder if I was clear
enough in my original proposal?

Re: I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's certainly impractical and if  you could manage it you would have so much invested in
time and   special equipment (surface-mount soldering gear for one) as to make   it of only intellectual interest.
This may of course still be true, however it is good to explore this issue.  If it keeps coning up then that might perhaps suggest
something like it is not going to go away?  If it can't be done one way then it is good to look for other ways to achieve the same
end.

Kind regards

David Hingston