No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

I did not find any gaps in the document, so perhaps it was ammended since Rod used it.  Or the missing items were just easy enough that I don't remember them.

There are a few different "guides" that make up that part - but pretty much in the space of a few hours (not including downloading ubuntu) I went from no o/s to having Ubuntu, Mythtv, PVR-350 and PVR-500, almost all the plugins and a bunch of codecs running.  I installed the web server, but have not configured Mythweb yet.

Two comments:

- If you have to d/l Ubuntu, get 6.10 via a torrent (speed difference was: 45kbs versus 800kbs - YMMV)

- If you can't boot it right (gives errors and stuff after you click install), get the alternate install and do the text install.

Good luck!