No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

North America. Is there *anyone* outside North America that is
actually regularly recording HDTV broadcasts on a production MythTV
system?

> using that dratted 8-VSB on OTA, yes, sigh.

(Shades of Bob Miller!) Considering I'm able to pull in every local
HDTV station in the middle of downtown San Francisco with a US$20
unamplified indoor antenna without any multipath issues after 30
seconds of positioning, I'm not going to worry too much about ATSC's
alleged technical disadvantages.

> Hmmm.... Possible. There are more big setups though.

No, believe me, I can pretty much guarantee there is no larger system
out there. No one else is that crazy.