[mythtv-users] Using media stored on multiple drives withoutLVM?

stan stanlist at cox.net
Tue Oct 31 23:51:16 UTC 2006

	From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Sassman
	Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:53 AM
	To: mythtv-users
	Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Using media stored on multiple drives
withoutLVM?

	Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about the symlink idea
last night, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm surprised to
here that a colon separated list will work too. I've read a number of posts
on the list asking about how to do this, but no one has suggested a colon
separated list. Is this a new feature? I tried semicolons and commas, but
none worked. I'll give it a try when I get home. I really didn't want to go
to LVM because of the potential problems, but looks like I found more than
one way to get around it. Thanks again. Mythtv rocks!!!

Stephen,

What are the potential problems with LVM? I'm thinking of moving to it on
Fedora.

Also, do these lnk methods work with new MythTV recordings or only with
videos? I didn't think MythTV would drill down to subdirectories looking for
recorded programs.

--stan