[mythtv-users] Best way to get rid of interlace

Chico Makani chicomakani at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 23:23:20 UTC 2006

> Are you having a problem with thedeinterlacers?
The interlacers work fine.  The problem is that I
don't want to have to deal with interlaced content
when all my displays are progressive.  When I move
files around I have to mess with them in order to get
them to display properly. (I use windows media player
on my PC which doesn't seem to have a deinterlacing
option.)  Also, deinterlacing before encoding will be
more efficient for encoding and make better use of cpu
cycles since the job is done once, instead of every
time the video is played.