[mythtv-users] OT : Help! -- BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Tue Oct 31 18:47:41 UTC 2006

On Tue Oct 31, 2006 at 01:29:46PM -0500, Paul Fine wrote:

> Each time I boot the computer, it starts up fine.  I start the
> vncserver.  Some time after, usually around 100 minutes later but the
> last time it was 20 minutes after reboot, the vnc remote session becomes
> unresponsive, and the direct display (my television through a FX5200
> S-video connection) goes blank.  The computer is then locked up.  I
> found the very scary  "BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!" message in
> the /var/log/messages file when I rebooted.
>
> KeStallExecutionProcessor+0x9/0xc [ndiswrapper]  <f9d95bc2>

I'd guess this is your problem, and also why you're unlikely to get much
help.  You've got a binary blob coded for a different operating system
stuck in the middle of your system.  Have you tried the open-source WLAN
drivers?  I used to have a Netgear card which worked perfectly well with
those.

Cheers,
        Robin

--