[mythtv-users] Selecting programs through web interface

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 04:37:50 UTC 2006

On 31/10/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/30/06 22:24, Brad wrote:
>
> > I have upgraded to .20 with no probs except when I browse the program
> > guide through Mythweb and select a show i want to record, they are all
> > set to
> >
> > MythTV Status:     (Never Record)
> >
> > Is there a global setting somewhere that I can toggle this as the
> > default ?
>

> That's a link you click to say, "Don't ever record this show."  It's
> useful for "teaching" Myth to ignore episodes of a series you've already
> seen.  I use it to teach Myth which movies I've seen--even if I saw them
> at the movie theater or a friend's house--so I don't record them in the
> future (Myth's memory is /much/ better than mine).
>
> The link has nothing to do with what /will/ happen.  What will happen
> comes before the parens--meaning, for this show, nothing will happen.
> Other things you'll see:
>
> MythTV Status: This showing is being recorded. (Never Record)
> MythTV Status: This showing will be recorded. (Never Record)
> MythTV Status: Another program with a higher recording priority will be
> recorded. (Never Record)
> MythTV Status: This recording schedule is inactive. (Never Record)
> MythTV Status: This showing was recorded. (Forget Old; Never Record)
> MythTV Status: This show was marked to never be recorded. (Forget Old)

Would it be useful for the default status - when a showing has not
been marked to never be recorded - to be something like

MythTV Status: This showing can be recorded (Never Record)

Having no status at all apart from the unobvious "Never Record" option
can clearly confuse users. The Possible Conflicts listing below the
status report will indicate to a user any already-configured
recordings that may conflict with the currently selected program.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/