[mythtv-users] Recording 2 channels on same multiplex (HDHomerun)

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Oct 30 14:21:56 UTC 2006

I presume that the demultiplexing of HDHomerun channels is done on the
mythtv box. If I'm right, myth should be able to use a single tuner to
record two stations on the same QAM multiplex at the same time.

In my area virtually all the SDTV channels are on the same QAM channel,
and on HD both CBS and NBC share a channel. Even though the HDHomerun
has two tuners, there are times when thats not enough.

Is this possible, and if so is there any work on this?