[mythtv-users] PVR-500 No picture! - Strange (ivtv?)

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:37:04 UTC 2006

It gets weirder...

 So I have determined that before I load mythtvsetup, if I use ivtvctl
to manually change channels, some of the channels (maybe about half)
are detected and can be displayed raw.

As soon as I load up mythtvsetup (to scan for channels, which it
doesn't find), I lose all channels even with the manual settings. I
then have to remove the module and reload, and I am back to square
one.

So now I am even less sure... if there wa a hardware issue, I
shouldn't be getting anything at all, correct? That being said, the
settings that ivtv autodetects are almost identical to my other system
which works fine (with the exact same cards - i move them between the
two -)

I'm at a loss...