[mythtv-users] Graphics Card

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 10:11:28 UTC 2006

On 10/29/06, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> You wouldn't happen to have the livna repo info readily available, would
> ya?  :)
>
> -Rich
> > I've got Fedora Core FC5 with the livna nvidia drivers. No issues
> > at all. I'm running this on 5 different boxes.

Check out:
http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/UsingLivna
for links to the yum rpms you need to use their repository.
For FC5, do
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm

Once you have the livna stuff setup in yum, you
yum install kmod-nvidia and it should load a kmod-nvidia
module for your kernel and a xorg-x11-drv-nvidia package.

Note: the kmod-nvidia and xorg-x11-drv-nvidia packages
are kernel specific. If you change your kernel, you have to
change your nvidia stuff. Every once in a while, things can
get out of wack. I've had to rpm --force -e kmod-nvidia
every once in a while to get a new one to install.

jack