[mythtv-users] Graphics Card

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Oct 30 02:07:24 UTC 2006

Just thought I would toss out a general "poll" to see what folks would
suggest for a decent video card for a dedicated Myth system.

Personally, I have nVidia cards here, but, now that I have Myth
installed on one of the machines, the nVidia drivers flake out and
lock up X on a VERY frequent basis. :(  Unfortunately, that leaves me
with using the on-board video (VGA only.. and, hence, it makes it
difficult to be connected to an S-Video-only TV) or buying another
vendor's (ATI?) video card.

Personally, I'm attached to nVidia.. but.. well.. with the problems I
have had with their driver and Xorg.. I'm not sure I can stick with
them since a FC5+Myth+nVidia+MachSpeed Motherbaord are so unstable for
me.

So.. I was hoping to get so ideas of "what works" for others out there
before I go ahead and order something.

Thanks!
-Rich