[mythtv-users] Burning DVD/transcoding/slow machine

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Sun Oct 29 23:07:30 UTC 2006

I have built a mythtv box from an EPIA MII board and a PVR350, running
ubuntu Dapper and it's working pretty well.  Now I'd like to burn some
of the material I have recorded to DVD.  The problem I have is that the
files seem to be encoded rather inefficently.  I have nuvexport
installed (rebuilt ffmpeg from source for mpeg encoding) and trying to
transcode to DVD format looks like it will take 8 hours or so to export
a 1.5 hour movie.  I have another much faster server that I could use
for the transcoding, but nuvexport wants to run on the backend.

So I'm looking for hints, suggestions and recommendations.
--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."