[mythtv-users] Distro

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sat Oct 28 21:46:17 UTC 2006

Kevin Hulse wrote:
> 	That's why you don't use "stable" unless you're running
> a bank or something. You run "test" or "unstable". Compared to
> other distros, the non-stable versions of Debian are generally
> good enough.

You can also use 'apt-pinning' (Google it for a tutorial) to pull in
what you need from the other versions.  I don't recommend this for
beginners, because you can get yourself into dependency hell if you
aren't careful, but it can be useful if you really need something from
"unstable" but don't want to risk pulling in the whole system.  It's
common for the developers to randomly break parts of "unstable" for
periods of time.  "Testing" is usually pretty safe.