[mythtv-users] Missed recordings

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 20:18:43 UTC 2006

On 10/28/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Well, Chris Pinkham recently committed some code that should detect
> 0-length recordings and mark the recording as failed (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/224740#224740 ).
> Based on the version you've quoted (from Oct something), I think you
> should have it.  (Although you didn't say what "SVN" means--since
> there's a /very/ big difference in meaning between SVN 0.20-fixes and
> SVN trunk--you should have it, regardless, since Chris merged the change
> into -fixes, too:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/227709#227709 ).

Thank you, Mike!  I can't tell you how valuable it is to know about
the recent commits.  Even though I spent much of this tedious morning
looking through the Dev and Commits archives, I really had no idea
what I was doing or what to look for.  "Missed recordings" and "zero
recording" were the search arguments, but nothing turned up that could
be called a fix for 0-length recordings.

By the term "SVN", I mean the steps listed in section "5.4 Manually
building MythTV" of the MythTV Documentation.  It looks like the
"trunk" is where I get the latest source.

Thanks again for the information about the commits.  I'll read the
entries in the archive, then decide what my next step(s) should be.

--
MM