[mythtv-users] What functionality DOES NOT work from a frontend?

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 28 19:44:31 UTC 2006

_______________________________________
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Peter A. Daly
Sent: 28 October 2006 19:41
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] What functionality DOES NOT work from a frontend?

The subject says it all.  I'm trying to figure out exactly what MythTV
functionally will not work from a (potentially disk-less) frontend as
opposed to a master backend combined with the frontend style machine.

This would be for a system that has a DVD player/burner, but no TV tuner.

Thanks,

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com

Hi Pete,

The only thing I can currently think of is MythArchive because I recently
saw some posts about it not being able to be run from a front end only
machine. But I think that was getting fixed..

Other than that - since pretty much anything in linux can be run on a
diskless machine - I can'y think of any reason parts of mythfrontend
wouldn't work.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hell I even think you could run a diskless backend if you wanted too.. ;-)

Steve Daniels

P.S. Just re-read the question. Most of the reply still stands..