[mythtv-users] Mythweb and .htaccess

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sat Oct 28 17:31:45 UTC 2006

Am Samstag 28 Oktober 2006 19:21 schrieb John Drescher:
> On 10/28/06, Matthias Meyer <Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li> wrote:
> > Am Samstag 28 Oktober 2006 18:47 schrieb John Drescher:
> > > I had the same problem two days ago when I finally activated the
> > > password. Change Digest to Basic and restart apache was all I needed
> > > to do.
>
> Did you try  Username: MythTV
> Password mythtv
>
> As this is what you setup with this command:
> htdigest -c /var/www/htdigest MythTV mythtv
>
> John
Yes, I try it.
But man htdigest say:
       realm  The realm name to which the user name belongs.

       username
              The user name to create or update  in  passwdfile.  If  username
              does  not  exist  is  this  file,  an entry is added. If it does
              exist, the password is changed.

Is it possible to disable this htdigest authentication and access the web-page without authorization?
--
Don't Panic