[mythtv-users] Gmane?

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 14:54:02 UTC 2006

On 10/28/06, Ed Gatzke <ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The previous is the only mythtv-users post I found mentioning gmane
> >> (according to the google)
> >>
> >> I am new to mythtv-users (although I have recieved mythtv-dev summaries
>
> >> for quite some time).
> >>

> >Stuff like this has been discussed over and over again. It is NOT going to
> >happen as far as I am aware that is the party line.
> >

> >Maybe get a decent mail reader with good threading support and set up some
> >sensible rules.
> >
> >A lot of people suggest gmail.
> >
> >Steve Daniels
>
> I already get enough mail on my normal account. The extra gmail account
> thing seems like a decent option for now.
>

> For some reason I never thought of yet another mail account, but it works
> for me I guess.
>
> You would have to log into gmane to post anyway... Basically the same deal
> using gmail.
>
> Thanks-

Gmail Manager is really handy. I've got 4 gmail accounts. It sits on my
firefox status bar and pops up when ever a new mail message comes in.
you can hover over it and see how many new messages are in each
account. you can tell it which accounts to display 'snipits' of the mail
when it comes in ( I don't do that the the group archive ). gmail manager
makes it really easy to handle multiple gmail accounts. I think it works
with other types of mail servers too.. but all I use it for is gmail.

jack