[mythtv-users] LVM and ext3, reduction?

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Sat Oct 28 14:46:45 UTC 2006

> resize2fs /dev/volume_group/logical_volume 319
> lvresize -L -50G dev/volume_group/logical_volume
> resize2fs /dev/volume_group/logical_volume

That method looks good to me.  Looks like I just got things backwards with
the e2fsck.  Does the e2fsck need to be ran at all?  And I'm guessing that
319 above should be 319G?

As far as scripting this, can I do:

lvresize -L 320G dev/volume_group/logical_volume

instead?  This way I can write a script to just pass in the final size
(320) and subtract one for the resize2fs command.

Ben