[mythtv-users] 1TB Volume running on top of RAID5 Vanished

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Fri Oct 27 22:55:48 UTC 2006

Thanks for the responses.  Here are the data listings requested.

I had LVM2 overlayed on a 6 x 200GB RAID5 disk array.  As of now the
dev/VolGroup05/LogVol05 which is linked to /opt/bigdisk seems to have
vanished.  It seems that the 6th drive (/dev/hdi) has dissappeared
from the RAID5 array.

Any help would be most appreciated.

-- Mache

# mdadm --detail /dev/md0
/dev/md0:
Version : 00.90.03
Creation Time : Sat Apr  8 10:01:48 2006
Raid Level : raid5
Device Size : 195358208 (186.31 GiB 200.05 GB)
Raid Devices : 6
Total Devices : 5
Preferred Minor : 0
Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Sat Oct 21 22:30:40 2006
State : active, degraded
Active Devices : 5
Working Devices : 5
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0

Layout : left-symmetric
Chunk Size : 256K

UUID : 0e3284f1:bf1053ea:e580013b:368be46b
Events : 0.3090999

Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
0       3       65        0      active sync   /dev/hdb1
1      33        1        1      active sync   /dev/hde1
2      33       65        2      active sync   /dev/hdf1
3      34        1        3      active sync   /dev/hdg1
4      34       65        4      active sync   /dev/hdh1
0       0        0        0      removed

# more /etc/fstab
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup04/LogVol04 /opt                    ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/VolGroup05/LogVol05 /opt/bigdisk            xfs     defaults        1 2
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol01 /usr                    ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/VolGroup02/LogVol02 /var                    ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/VolGroup03/LogVol03 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

# xfs_repair /dev/VolGroup05/LogVol05
/dev/VolGroup05/LogVol05: No such file or directory

fatal error -- couldn't initialize XFS library