[mythtv-users] mythvideo, after upgrade to .20 Mythfrontend locks up when I try to watch videos, unless I launch it from an xterm manually

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 13:37:26 UTC 2006

Not a direct answer to your problem, but you can change your
power-button script to log to a file.  Change all occurences in it of:

mythfrontend

to:

mythfrontend >/tmp/somefile 2>&1

Then, when you start the frontend with the problem and make the
problem happen, you can popup an xterm and:

cat /tmp/somefile

.

HTH