[mythtv-users] power off and on frontend only with remote

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Fri Oct 27 07:40:08 UTC 2006

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Leighton,
>
> Indeed /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/usb1/power/state is set to 0.
>
> Any attempts to make it be 1 seem to fail however,
>
> root at davey:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:10.0/usb1/power# echo 1 > state
> bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
>
> Regards,
>
> Mario

Here's what I dug out of my old script for 2.6.17:

echo -n 1 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/uhci_hcd/0000:00:1d.1/usb2/power/state

I definitely don't need to do this on 2.6.19, and I get the same error
you get above. Perhaps my precise version of uhci_hcd for 2.6.17 was
different from yours? It's possible the "-n" matters above, but I doubt it.

Just to confirm we're focusing on the correct problem here, does the LED
in your MCE remote receiver flash when you press the power button, while
the system is supended? If it does not, then we're on the right track.

You might also want to check that the "wakeup" file contains "enabled".
I never needed to change this.

Leighton