[mythtv-users] Need help with xorg.conf for DLP projector HD70

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 27 07:32:45 UTC 2006

On 10/27/06 03:16, Gregg wrote:

> I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why
> the screen will not display in full size.  I have a 16:9 screen and
> the picture is centered.The resolution says it is set to 1280x720 I
> have added modlines and metamodes, but I admit I am a bit confused.
> I run the projector from my cable box directly it fills the whole screen.
>
> any help would be great I have been googling all day for the answers.
> below is a copy of my xorg.conf if that helps. (sorry it is a bit messy)

I'll bet if you look in your log file (probably /var/log/Xorg.0.log),
you'll see something like:

Not using mode "1280x720" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)

(or some other reason in parens).  If so, you'll probably have to tell
X, "trust me" by telling the NVIDIA driver to ignore more of the EDID
than just the DPI data.

Despite the name, the NVIDIA configuration information at
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_All_my_fonts_look_like_they_are_the_wrong_sizes.2C_how_can_I_correct_this.3F
could help (once you figure out what's causing the issue by looking at
your logs).

Mike