[mythtv-users] Reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Fri Oct 27 07:07:41 UTC 2006

On Fri, October 27, 2006 01:48, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/26/06 17:38, F Peeters (MythTV) wrote:
>
>>I have a WDC 250 GB USB drive for the recordings and I regularly get the
>>above error in my syslog. When it happens, MythFrontend freezes for a
>>while and then comes with the end of recording message, asking whether I
>>want to delete or keep...
>>
>>The bad thing is that because it thinks it was at the end of the
>>recording, that it does NOT keep the last point I was viewing and
>>therefore I have to FF through the thing until the point it froze.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>

> Can't help with the USB issue, but, 10-Info, 23-Rew, 12-FFWD, jump/seek
> forward/backward are all much easier than FFWD (I'm assuming you know
> about how long you've been watching the show).
>
> Mike

Those all fit in to the FF category as far as I am concerned!  ;-)

But thanks for the idea!
It doesn't solve the problem, though, just helps overcome the symptoms...

There's a lot of occurences of the message on the 'net, but I haven't
found a singe useful solution yet!
Maybe I have to start testing network booting and use NFS instead...  :-(
--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250