[mythtv-users] OT: lirc irrecord help

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 03:22:07 UTC 2006

On 27/10/06, Stephen Sassman <sassman1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to use irrecord to generate a lircd.conf for DCT2244 cable box. I
> know there is a config file for this box, but it doesn't have "enter"
> command and my box needs enter to change the channel. Irrecord works for my
> other remote, but the one for the cable box is giving an error:
>
> Press RETURN to continue.
>

> Now enter the names for the buttons.
>
> Please enter the name for the next button (press <ENTER> to finish
> recording)
> 0
>
> Now hold down button "0".
>  Got it.
> Signal length is 2
> That's weird because the signal length must be odd!
> Try again.
> Got it.
> Signal length is 2
> That's weird because the signal length must be odd!
> Try again.
>
> Any ideas? Is there another way to get the raw codes. mode2 spits out a
> bunch of numbers, but they don't look like the raw codes.

If you haven't already, you can run:

$ irrecord --force

to run irrecord in raw mode (most likely to record something), or you can run:

$ irrecord /etc/lircd.conf

if you have a valid lircd.conf already in place for the remote. The
new config will be output in /etc/lircd.conf.conf with (hopefully) the
new codes you record.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: