[mythtv-users] Mult-system design

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Oct 26 21:59:36 UTC 2006

On Oct 26, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Remco Treffkorn wrote:

> I got the re-wirering done by switching from Dish to DirecTV. The
> installation
> was free. I got three STBs (one HD) also for free and a twelve month
> discount. I could have gotten more STBs for free, but they add $5
> to your
> monthly bill, so I thought 3 are enough.
>
> Maybe Dish offers a similar deal. Maybe the easyest way for you is
> to switch?
>
> Strangely my shows kept recording, despite the different lineup
> between the
> two providers.

Sorry to thread-jack a bit, but are you capturing HD from DirecTV? If
so, how are you accomplishing it? I haven't read anything that has
convinced me that it can be done out of the box (meaning.. without
hardware hacking at the DirecTV HD box). Right now I'm only doing HD
OTA, but would consider a DirecTV upgrade to HD if I can get the
content into Myth.