[mythtv-users] Mult-system design

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Oct 26 21:21:43 UTC 2006

On Oct 26, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Rich West wrote:

> That's definitely the hurdle that I am trying to get my brain over.
> I've got it embedded in my brain that a STB is required to be near the
> TV....
>
> So.. there has to be some where in the settings to point it to a
> particular backend tuner?  Or is it that you just point it (the front
> end) to the backend, and the backend handles all of that?
>
> -Rich

Right. When you launch the frontend for the first time, you're asked
to provide the backend IP address and mysql username/password/
database. once it knows how to connect, you're good to go. You also
should give your frontend a unique identifier. This information is
stored along with your other frontend configuration options on the
backend server so when you connect, the backend knows which frontend
is connecting and which settings are to be used.