[mythtv-users] Intel Mac Mini, FC6, Myth0.20

Matt Hannan mythtvlist at cox.net
Thu Oct 26 16:54:50 UTC 2006

Nathan Harris wrote:
> I am also very interested in if and how you get this running.  Are you
> just running a front end or are you running the complete back+front?
> Are you using the built-in IR or a USB remote?  Which exact model Mac
> Mini are you using?  Inquiring minds want to know...
>
> Thanks!
Yes, I am running just the frontend. Well, trying to, anyway.
I am using an ATI Remote Wonder (USB). It is supported in the kernel.
Built-in IR? This could be interesting...and easier than Bluetooth!
The model of the Mini is the 1.83Ghz with A Gig O'RAM.
I am in a dual-boot situation, which I setup with the usual guides.
Actually, I had done this so many times (Ubuntu, etc) that I no longer
needed the guides!
Install in this order:
OS X
Boot Camp: I sized the second partition for 32GB and formatted at FAT32
rEFIt
FC6: no swap partition, but it seems "snappy" enough. If I rebuild it
again, I will try for the swap partition. The /dev/sda3 partition is now
formatted as ext3.

I think I could create the swap partition by going back into OS X
Install - Disk Utility and making it there before loading rEFIt and FC6.

One issue I am running into is that rEFIt is set to OS X as default. As
no OS has been loaded at this point, there is no way for me to select
FC6, so I need to find a small USB keyboard.
Can any real Mac users verify for me that the Bluetooth keyboard will
let you interact with the system prior to loading OS X? Like, C for boot
from CD, F12 to eject the CD, etc?