[mythtv-users] Most reliable cable channel changer?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Oct 26 15:14:22 UTC 2006

Nick Bartos <spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com> says:
> Any help is appreciated.  At first this didn't annoy me as much but
> now I'm missing a few shows that I really did want to watch.  It's
> _almost_ enough to drive me to going back to a tivo.

Everything I wrote the last time you asked about channel changing over
FireWire
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/196082#196082>)
still applies in 0.20, including the fact that TiVo is no better
unless you mean the DirecTV models or the new Series 3. That said, I
agree that I don't understand either why channel changing over
FireWire isn't 100% perfect instead of 95% or 98%.