[mythtv-users] Script to pull content from a Tivo using mfs_ftp

Ken Diliberto ken at kdmd.net
Thu Oct 26 02:54:49 UTC 2006

I've got a pair of Tivos with TivoWeb Plus and mfs_ftp running.  Does
anyone have or know how to write a script I can run on my MythTV box to
copy programs from the Tivo using FTP (from mfs_ftp) and integrate that
content into the programming database?  Right now I can manually copy
programs to my myth-store directory and play them with mplayer (as if
they were ripped DVDs), but I don't get the commercial cutting features.

XML is available from the Tivo with all the program information, but I
don't know how to make it all work together and play nice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken