[mythtv-users] [OT] DISH network lircd.conf with all buttons, discrete power, and 16 codes

Endaf Jones endaf.jones at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 01:59:05 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Back in April, Endaf Jones posted a lircd.conf and information about the
> DISH network remote control command set (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/196566#196566 ).  I
> finally got a chance to play with it (thanks to some motivation from
> John-Paul Durrieu), "finalize" it, and switch over to using it.  It's
> definitely the best config I've seen for DISH.  (So, thanks, Endaf.)

...SNIP...

> (I also forwarded a copy of the config file to the LIRC list for
> inclusion in their "supported remote controls" section.  I took Endaf's
> comment, "I should email this to the LIRC author to include in his
> package," as permission to do so.   :)

Thanks Michael for completing this.  I unfortunately hadn't had the
time needed to add the finishing touches and prepare it for LIRC
submission.  With these additions, it looks good!

There was a lot of reverse engineering and research into how Echostar
did their IR's.  This configuration will also work with a lot of Bell
ExpressVu receivers used in Canada (3100, 51xx at least).

# Endaf