[mythtv-users] myth_archive_job enhanced

Guillaume Membré guillaume.ml at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:35:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have re-written the myth archive job to meet the following points :
- move only oldest non auto expire recordings. I have a hard drive
with auto expires recording and few non autoexpire shows and another
drive with shows I want to keep. I have done this in order to limit
the number of autoexpire recordings and also to shutdown my hard drive
with shows I want to keep. If a non autoexpire show has been already
move (ie is a symlink in the  recording dir) it will move the next
file and so on;
- add a upper and lower limit : it moves files only if the lower limit
is reached and move file until the upper is reached;
- ensures that only one instance is running at the same time
- really runs every four times it is launched. With this behaviour, it
can be set up as a user job and ran automatically at the end of each
recording. So it will not eat the hard drive every time. This default
number four can be easily changed is the code.

To run it, it accepts the following args :
myth_archive_job.pl --archivedir ARCHIVEDIR [--verbose] [--not_really] [--force]
--archivedir ARCHIVEDIR is where recordings are moved
--verbose add some debug info
--not_really : don't move file, just output what is should have done
--force : don't check if another is running and runs as if it has been
launched 3 times before

It can be downloaded from this address :
http://gui.membre.free.fr/mythtv/myth_archive_job_2.pl
Feel free to report me any problems or suggestions.
I will open a ticket if no big problem has been encountered.

Regards
Guillaume