[mythtv-users] No sound...

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 18:23:38 UTC 2006

On 25/10/06, Peter Crighton <mythtv at p-cright.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:26:33 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I believe with ALSA:default you also need "default" for the mixer device.
> >Is that set?
> No, is that simply "default" or "ALSA:default"?

The playback device is "ALSA:default". The mixer is "default".

> I suspect that /dev/dsp could also be a problem in some way for the
> capture side (since aplay will not stream audio from it).

The capture device should be "/dev/dsp" if OSS is used for capture.
For playback, you can use either OSS or ALSA.

Jarod Wilson's Fedora-based MythTV HOWTO also has some useful pointers
when setting up a bttv-based card:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php.

Nick

---