[mythtv-users] Duplicate programs being recorded

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 25 06:59:06 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06 00:24, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>Robert Clark wrote:
>

>>Ever since I upgraded from 0.18 to 0.19 (have not tried 0.20 yet) the
>>duplicate episode matching seems to have failed.
>>
>>Specifically, if a program has already been recorded and then expired
>>off the disk, it gets re-recorded. If it is still available in the
>>list of programs currently on the disk, it does *not* get
>>re-recorded.
>>
>>I have set the duplicate matching method to just title and subtitle,
>>then recording schedule set to 'any time on any channel' and have
>>verified that the Zap2It provided program ID for the duplicated
>>programs are identical, as are the titles and subtitles.
>>
>>I'm not sure how to proceed with investigating this and I'd appreciate
>>any pointers. From my reading of the manual at
>><http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html>, I can't see
>>anything I've done that would force an episode to be recorded over
>>and over again.
>>
>I think there is an option in the settings for "re-record auto expired
>programs".  I'll bet that is on and just needs to be shut off.

That setting was taken out (part of the ongoing battle between the
watch-it-and-delete-it crowd versus the
let-autoexpire-do-all-the-deletions crowd) shortly after 0.18 was
released.  Now, anything that's autoexpired is now automatically set to
re-record.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/142714#142714 .

However, Stuart changed the SVN version such that any show marked as
watched (a feature not available in 0.20 or below) that gets autoexpired
is not set to re-record.

For 0.19 and 0.20 users, though, deleting the shows manually through the
GUI or through MythWeb will prevent them from being marked to allow
re-recording (assuming you don't say, "Delete and allow re-record" :).

Mike