[mythtv-users] my mceusb2 remote doesn't work in Mythtv

malcolm torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 23:02:46 UTC 2006

[snip1 ]

> IIRC, myth likes to have ~/.mythtv/lircrc

you are right thanks, i tried this to no effect :-(

[snip 2]

> I'd go back and compare word for word. I had the same problem and when I
> went back and looked word for word there was a couple mistakes. After they
> got fixed, voila.

I've read through the two files
lircd.conf and the file in ~/mythtv/lircrc and both look reasonable. I
assume you mean check that the button names all have a corresponding
entry in the lircd.conf. ,that the entries are unique and spelled the
same etc.
I've done this and there are no typos, however the lircd.conf has more
entries than are defined for use in the myth config. i.e. i don't have
a binding for the coloured buttons etc. but i can't see why this would
matter.

does the filename in the ~/.mythtv/lircrc directory matter? mine is
still lircrc.native.example.mceusb2

BTW, thanks for your help and patience so far
Mal.