[mythtv-users] 1TB Volume running on top of RAID5 Vanished

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Tue Oct 24 20:41:52 UTC 2006

A 1TB volume storing 600GB of data has disappeared on my myth
server.  It was formatted with the XFS file system and was running on
top of a six disk (each disk being 200GB) 1TB RAID5 array.  On boot,
the volume does not exist and the RAID5 array is running with 5 out 6
drives.  The 6th drive is visible but not formatted.  In the past,
when you have 5 out 6 drives working, data integrity was
maintained.  In this case, however, the volume just disappeared.  Any
ideas on how to  recover my volume and its 600GB of data?

-- Mache Creeger