[mythtv-users] "Lost" recordings after a crash

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Tue Oct 24 20:09:42 UTC 2006

I recently had to recover from a server crash that corrupted some of the
mysql tables.  Since I have nightly backups, it wasn't too painful,
although I ended up with a few other mangled files on disk that I had to
sort out.

After recreating the mythconverg database and loading the previous
night's data, I had two programs I *know* of that were recorded in the
interval.  One was listed in the frontend but the file was missing.  The
other has a file but the frontend doesn't show the information.  The
latter one is easy to explain, and the former may have been the victim
of disk corruption that fsck threw away (although it is odd that nothing
ended up in lost+found).

Is there some simple way to reinject data into the database for the
program for which I do have the file?  Also, is there some way to figure
out if I have any additional "extra" files like this one?

TIA,

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD