[mythtv-users] Toggleing JobQueueMaxSimultaneousJobs

Chris Moewes-Bystrom chris.moewes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:18:10 UTC 2006

I run 2 back ends, one with 2 tuner cards in it and one with no tuner cards
primarily to offload the comm flagging and trans coding. I currently have my
primary backed (which is also my front end, hence the reason to offload
work) set to a max jobs of 0 so it doesn't actually do any post processing.
I was thinking of writing a script that would either look at the tuner
status and if they aren't recording toggle it to process jobs and if they
are to change it back to 0. My question is this, does anyone know if
toggling the jobs count to 0 will cause any current jobs to be killed or
stopped, or will it finish off what it is doing but not do any more?

Also, is it possible to set one back end end to only do comm flagging and
another to do transcodeing

--
Christopher Moewes-Bystrom
www.moewes.com