[mythtv-users] Problem with the mythconverg database

Nathan Smith nsmith5 at cs.umbc.edu
Mon Oct 23 18:05:43 UTC 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 6:36 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Nathan Smith wrote:

>>> Are you sure that you built the frontend with mysql support? The
>>> message
>>> you indicate shows a successful connection to the database.
>>>

>> This could be a stupid response, but I don't see any options in
>> configure to enable/disable mysql support for mythtv?
>> Or are you asking if I built qt with mysql support? I did (I ran ./
>> configure -qt-sql-mysql -thread)
>>
> Is anything revealed if you run the frontend with "mythfrontend -v
> database" to show more of what is happening?

That worked! (or helped me figure out what was going on)

When I ran "mythfrontend -v database" I saw the line

2006-10-23 10:59:31.623 MSqlQuery: SELECT data FROM settings WHERE
value = 'RunFrontendInWindow' AND hostname IS NULL;

so I found in the ~./.mythtv/mysql.txt file the line

LocalHostName=somethingIDidntWant

and changed it to the hostname of my server. Sweet

Nate