[mythtv-users] Importing Sony 'Arccos' protected dvds

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Oct 23 14:51:01 UTC 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 4:30 AM, Dom H wrote:

> I like to import my dvds into Myth sound I don't have to use the
> disc but MTD can't seem to handle these Sony discs, loads of weird
> errors. I can play the disc fine (Da Vinci Code) and others discs
> import ok.
>
> Is this a libdvdread problem? Are there any workarounds?
>
> I'm on a recent svn.
>
> Thanks

mtd currently requires the DVD to be perfect - meaning no errors
reading any block from the disc. Copy protection puts intentional
errors on the disc that a DVD player will overlook but mtd can't get
passed. I believe I read that the dev in charge of mtd is planning on
allowing some bad blocks which should help overcome this issue but it
doesn't currently do that.