[mythtv-users] jobs queuing, not running

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 14:45:53 UTC 2006

On 10/23/06, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/23/06, Jens Baumeister <jens.baumeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > On 10/23/06, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > My jobs, mythcomflag, transcode, user job#1, user job#2, etc
> > > all just queue.
> > [...]
> > > what am I missing?
> >
> > You have to allow the backend to run the jobs in mythtv-setup. (It's
> > best to stop mythbackend before running mythtv-setup.)
> >
> > Jens
>
> on my server where I'm running
> I have it setup so that it points to my 'master backend' and it has
> all of the allow X jobs checked. I've told it do allow for 3 simultaenous
> jobs from 00:00 - 23:59. I re-started mythbackend on the master
> backend and started my mythjobqueue on the new box after I ran
> mythtv-setup on that server and enabled the jobs.
>
> ... could it be that in my backend logs... I see entries like
> fw.private.net (fully
> quallified names and in my database for the 4 user jobs and the mythcommflag
> and mythtranscode... for the backend, all I have is amd ( not a fully quallified
> namd ) is myth looking for amd.private.net and not just amd?
>
> jack

I ran
mythjobqueue -v all
and it is just looking for 'amd' ...
MSqlQuery: SELECT data FROM settings WHERE value = 'JobQueueCPU' AND
hostname = 'amd' ;

I changed the JobQueueCPU for amd.private.net to amd so that the
requery ruturns data,
but when I ran mythjobqueue -v all it still doesn't seem to run any
jobs from the queue...

mythbackend  -v all
starts and looks for 'amd' too... it runs a 'expire' loop, but never
starts any of the
mythcommflag or transcode things....

jack