[mythtv-users] multiple back ends

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Oct 23 02:44:51 UTC 2006

* On Sun Oct 22, 2006 at 10:27:01PM -0400, Tom Lichti wrote:
> > Nothing really.  Just make sure in mythtv-setup that you have the boxes
> > checked to run the various jobs on that host and you don't have the

> I also went a step further and setup my master backend so it didn't do
> any commflagging at all, for two reasons: firstly it is one of the lower

And you don't need to run mythbackend if you don't actually
want to.  You could just run mythjobqueue on the machines that
you want to run JobQueue jobs on.  The setup is the same, but it's
a slimmer program that doesn't do all the other stuff that a normal
backend does, it just runs the JobQueue thread to process jobs.

--
Chris