[mythtv-users] Multiple usb tuners (how do I fix the adapter number?)

N.E.Whiteford at soton.ac.uk N.E.Whiteford at soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 22 20:48:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have 3 usb dvb turners on my mythtv box. The problem I'm having is they are
often loaded in differing order, this means that sometimes adapter0 is a dvbs
device, sometimes it's a dvbt device. This obviously confuses mythtv.

I understand I can create persistent symlinks to these devices using udev, but
myth seems to use the adapter number directly. Does anyone know how I can fix
the adapter number? or another work around for this?

Many thanks!