[mythtv-users] Record After

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 22 19:47:42 UTC 2006

On 10/22/06 11:15, Chris J. Friesen wrote:

>  I've got a problem that I'm not sure of how to debug.  For some reason, the
>"record after" time isn't being recorded.
>
>  In all of my tests, there aren't recordings after, so the amount of time I
>put in there should be getting recorded.  The "record before" time is getting
>recorded, so I don't know what's going on.

By design.

You need to put the number of minutes to start early/end late in the
recording rules.  The time you're setting, in global options (the one
specified in seconds), is only there to allow start up/shut down of
capture cards, as described in the setting's help text.

Time to record before start of show (in seconds)
This global setting allows the recorder to start before the scheduled
start time. It does not affect the scheduler. It is ignored when two
shows have been scheduled without enough time in between.

Time to record past end of show (in seconds)
This global setting allows the recorder to record beyond the scheduled
end time. It does not affect the scheduler. It is ignored when two shows
have been scheduled without enough time in between.

The time in the recording rule, however, is for you to say, "Regardless
of what the networks say, I want an extra minute on each end of this
show so I can see who done it..."

Mike