[mythtv-users] image of mythtv system

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Sun Oct 22 00:41:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

I typically make a simple tar/compressed image of systems that I want
to re-deploy.

I boot off of a gentoo cd or other livecd.
mount your filesystems( /  /boot )
startup nfs
mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount a remote server ie nfsserver:/opt/backup /mnt/tmp
cd /mnt/gentoo
tar cvfz /mnt/tmp/mythtv_img.tgz *

--
Jay Swackhamer